- The name of the Association shall be the Franklin Youth Soccer Association, Inc., hereafter referred to as the Association.
- The purpose of the Association shall be to govern, conduct, promote, and encourage the playing of soccer by the youth of Franklin.
- Headquarters of the Association shall be the town of Franklin.
- The membership of the Association shall be comprised of all coaches, officers, officials, sponsors, and parents or legal guardians of youths registered in the current year.
- The Association's business activities and daily activities shall be conducted by a Board of Directors (hereafter, the Board) elected by the membership and composed of:
A member of the Board can be removed from office only by a majority vote of a meeting of the General Membership.
This Constitution can be amended only by a two-thirds majority vote of a regularly scheduled meeting of the General Membership of the Association.
Notwithstanding any other provisions of these articles, the Association is organized exclusively for one or more of the purposes as specified in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954, and shall not carry on any activities not permitted to be carried on by a corporation exempt from Federal Income tax under IRC Section 501(c)(3) or corresponding provisions of any subsequent Federal tax laws.
No part of the net earnings of the Association shall inure to the benefit of any member, trustee, director, officer of the Association, or any private individual (except that reasonable compensation may be paid for services rendered to or for the Association), and no member, trustee, officer of the Association or any private individual shall be entitled to share in the distribution of any of the corporate assets on dissolution of the Association.
No substantial part of the activities of the Association shall be carrying on propaganda, or otherwise attempting, to influence legislation (except as otherwise provided by Internal Revenue Code 501(h)), and does not participate in, or intervene in (including the publication or distribution of statements), any political campaign on behalf of any candidate for public office.
In the event of dissolution all of the remaining assets and property of the corporation shall, after necessary expenses thereof, be distributed to another organization exempt under IRC Section 501(c)(3), or corresponding provisions of any subsequent Federal tax laws, or to the Federal government or state or local government for a public purpose, subject to the approval of a Justice of the Supreme Court of the State of Massachusetts.
Instructional Division Director
Academy Division Director
Travel Division Director
Franklin Soccer Club Director