Instructional Coaches Corner
Greetings Coaches! The following files are available to help you coach your team:
- Under-6 Manual - Full season guide for weekly training for under-6 teams
- Under-7 Manual - Full season guide for weekly training for under-7 teams
- Under-8 Lesson Plans - Full season guide for weekly training for under-8 teams from Mass Youth Soccer
- Under-8 "Move of the Week": Each week coaches will introduce and encourage players to use a particular dribbling move. Video of each move can be found on the Franklin Soccer School Resource Page.
- 4v4 FAQ - A quick guide on how to make the transition from 3v3 scrimmages to 4v4
Game Day Notes
- Field Layout: All teams should set up their team bench on the sidelines on the inside between the fields and the parents/spectators should sit on the sidelines by the outsides of the fields. There is limited space in between fields so this will help ensure proper space for parents/spectators as well as for a separate bench area for the players.
- Blue Equipment Bags: (one for each field) are in the green equipment field box located between Upper and Middle Dacey Fields and along the tree line on the parking lot side of the complex. They contain 6 dome cones, (for the corners and midfield markers of the fields), at least 20 disc cones and 6-7 pinnies.
- 8am coaches: Please take two nets and a blue equipment bag for your field as well as two large 18” orange cones (to be used as goalies for U8 only) from the green equipment field box. At the end of the session leave the blue equipment bag at your field but please return the large 18” orange cones to the green equipment field box.
- 2:30pm coaches: Thank you for all your efforts to assist as the lock-up crew. Look around and see what needs to be done, and ask some of the parents/players to assist you as well. Nets need to be placed back along the fence (white fence near the green equipment box), and the 18” orange cones and blue equipment bags need to be placed back in the green equipment field box. Please put any lost and found items (balls, water bottles, clothing etc.) in the green equipment field box. Lastly, please scan the field and pick up any garbage items and throw them away in the trash barrels located at the fields.
- All Coaches: PLEASE LEAVE the bag at your teams bench area by the field after your training session. Please don’t take equipment from other fields. Thank you for taking the initiative to adjust field locations due to poor playing conditions if it is needed. IF you do this, you need to return all equipment to its original field location. Thank you for the setup and breakdown of all the fields!!!
If you end your games 5 minutes prior to the ending time of your session, you will have enough time check in with all players, clean up and then leave on the hour. This really helps with traffic and a smooth transition between training sessions and the next group arriving to play.
- Picture Day: Scheduled for the last day of the season; Please END the session 10 Minutes early to gather families to take team pictures.